Author: Unknown
•Monday, May 26, 2014
     


     Hello! I created this blog on 05/18/2014 to post my phrases and comments, together with collages and composites I enjoy making with internet public domain images and pictures I take as a hobby. But why did I create a blog with my own phrases? Not intending to be a philosopher, naturally. There are countless of fantastic philosophers, thinkers, geniuses, writers, etc. We already have and had distinguished men and women in the world with whom we identify ourselves, who can be role models and to whom we resort when we want a brilliant quote to use (with the due credits). Sometimes, a phrase is so brilliant that it needs only three or four simple words to express its author’s feelings.
     As to these phrases of mine that I will post here, they probably were already said in another way, by other people, though they are spontaneous. They mean only what I assimilate from and think about life and the world in general, through what I use to call good-natured as a “backyard philosophy”. (That backyard where we enjoy a barbecue with friends _ for those who are still lucky enough to have a backyard in the modern times’ big cities, surely.)
     I’m a translator (English/Portuguese), and I write articles, chronicles and general texts. After more than 20 years of dedication to other people’s books on the translations, I’m finally writing my own book. Why did I choose this name “Bits and Pieces” for my blog? One of these days, I was making a compilation of general subjects to a post on one of my other blogs (their links are on the left of the blog layout) and gave this name to the title. I think “Bits and Pieces” is a term that defines precisely the overall view of reflections about several subjects of life, and, as the blog is bilingual (translator’s quirk!), I think it’s an easy name that also fits on a blog that’s also in Portuguese.
     I conclude this presentation with a phrase that I use on all blogs of mine because it conveys exactly what I try to transmit to the visitor through my posts.
     Welcome! Wherever you are, feel at home here.



|
This entry was posted on Monday, May 26, 2014 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates